Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to have text half way along the page

For a contents page, i want the page content to the left, the page numbers further along the page to the right but on the same line, ive tried a few things but cant seem to get it to happen!

pages-OTHER

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 8:18 AM

3 replies

Apr 15, 2013 9:53 AM in response to cmachine

Hi cmachine,

I don't know how to do this with an automatic Table of Contents (TOC) but this will work if you are doing a 'Hands-on' contents page (typing it yourself).

Type a page content, then press the tab key, then type the page number. Press enter. Repeat for each 'chapter'.

Drag to select all those paragraphs.

Here is a screenshot. I have turned on Show Invisibles (View Menu) to show tabs and paragraph marks.

Open Inspector > Text Tab > Tabs button:

User uploaded file

The ruler at the top shows the tab stop that I set by clicking on the ruler. Click on that tab stop in Inspector and choose Right (to make the page numbers align to the right).

Have fun playing, and explore.

The Pages User Guide is available from the Help Menu in Pages. Have a skim through it when you can. Well worth a read.

Regards,

Ian.

how to have text half way along the page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.