Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the Y-axis of a chart be moved?

I need the Y-axis of a chart to be centered at the zero (0) value on the X-axis.

For example:

My data would read -2 -1 0 1 2 along the X-axis. I want the Y-axis to display at the 0 X-value NOT on the left side of the chart. Can the Y-axis be moved. I have not been able to find anywhere in the chart formatting or axis formatting options that allows this. My axes would essentially look like an upside down T if I can do this.

Thanks to anyone who knows/can help.

3WT

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 1:01 PM

You can place a shape (line) at that position, but the value labels cannot be moved from the left edge of the chart. you could choose to not display these values, and to instead use a text box into which you have entered and positioned the values. Fine for display of a fixed chart, but loses the chart's flexibility to adapt to changes in the charted values.

User uploaded file

Same chart, using text box to hole Y axis values (some tweaking still required)

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2013 1:01 PM in response to 3rdworldtech

You can place a shape (line) at that position, but the value labels cannot be moved from the left edge of the chart. you could choose to not display these values, and to instead use a text box into which you have entered and positioned the values. Fine for display of a fixed chart, but loses the chart's flexibility to adapt to changes in the charted values.

User uploaded file

Same chart, using text box to hole Y axis values (some tweaking still required)

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

Can the Y-axis of a chart be moved?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.