Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume adjuster on iPad not there?!

Hi I'm having a problem with my iPad volume adjuster. Whenever I try to turn the volume up there's nothing shown. When I try to play music the volume adjuster is completely missing. But when I turn Siri on it works fine but goes right away when Siris off. The volume also works with headphones. I need desperate help cause not having sound on my iPad truly *****!! At first I shut my iPad off and turned it on still wasn't working. Then I reset it ...still didn't work. I then proceeded to just reset like a new iPad and its still not working. ......HELP!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 11:00 AM

5 replies

Apr 15, 2013 11:30 AM in response to Crwilson4

If you have restored as new and still aren't having any success, you should take the iPad to an Apple Store and have it looked at.

I can think of one other thing to try, but it shouldn't matter since you have already restored the iPad but if you want to give it a try - reset all settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings. Then reboot the iPad.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Volume adjuster on iPad not there?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.