3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 3:35 PM by ds store
suemily Level 1 (0 points)

I click software update and it checks if I have an update and it says I do. Then, I click "install and restart" then these multiple screens pop up asking if I want to install these certain updates and I click install for each one. Then my computer starts to restart and my screen never turns black, it turns to blue then my log in screen comes up. I log in and then that's that. nothing installs and then when I check for a software update again, the same thing pops up. HELP!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • ds store Level 7 (30,325 points)

Run through this list of fixes

..Step by Step to fix your Mac

• suemily Level 1 (0 points)

Do I do every single step? this seems a little unneccesary and it doesn't seem like it will help me in total. I don't want it to mess up my computer

• ds store Level 7 (30,325 points)

suemily wrote:

Do I do every single step? this seems a little unneccesary and it doesn't seem like it will help me in total.

Take your machine to a local PC/Mac repair shop

If you have a hardware problem, then take it to Apple and get their opinion first (and if under warranty or AppleCare)

We can only assist others who can assist themselves, some are not "into" computers and some just need hands on assistance we can't provide here.

Good Luck