Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Quit Unexpectedly

iPhoto takes a very long time to open, I suddenly have a hardtime dragging Albums to the order I want to and everytime I use iPhoto it will quit while in the background. I send the Reports below to Apple each time.

Problem Report for iPhoto

iPhoto quit unexpectedly

Click reopen to launch program again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically.

Process: iPhoto [21784]

Path: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto

Identifier: com.apple.iPhoto

Version: 9.4.2 (9.4.2)

Build Info: iPhotoProject-719942000000000-1

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: lanchd [127]

Date/Time: 2013-04-12 15:23:42.543 -0400

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 12:29 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2013 1:31 PM in response to Diane Marinconz

Backup your photo library elsewhere before you do anything else.

Double check where your photo library location is not over 85% full.

Make sure you aren't running anything else when you do the following, as you'll want to the machine to be let alone for awhile. Make sure the Energy Saver is turned off in the System Preferences.

Rebuild the iPhoto library with a command-option key combination when you open iPhoto after a cold boot. Let it rebuild. If it still unexpectedly quits, try tagging your photo with keywords or ratings, or whatever tagging system you haven't used. This will force it to identify those items not tagged as possible corrupt or hidden photos that need to be remapped to their original file once it sorts by the correct attribute.

Find Any File can be helpful in locating old photos iPhoto and Spotlight can not:

http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/

iPhoto Quit Unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.