Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating placeholder boxes for images?

I'm trying to work on a newsletter idea for someone, but I'm running into a small, but big issue with Pages. In InDesign, I can create an image box, size it, then place the image later. Have I missed something, or does Pages lack this capability? I'm currently working with '09, so it might have been added in a later version, but since this is the only thing I'm using it for, I don't want to buy the next version unless I absolutely have to.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 11:25 AM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2013 2:16 PM in response to spiffking03

Yes, you can create image placeholders. If you look at the included templates, almost every image is a placeholder. Insert an image, any image, in your document & then select it & resize it if you want. Now go to Format > Advanced > Define as Media Placeholder. You can then drag & drop any image which will be resized to fit.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Creating placeholder boxes for images?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.