Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way ... (reshuffle question)

iPod shuffle 4, with about 250 songs on it, set to shuffle play. Is there a way to continue with the same shuffle of the songs after turning the unit off then turning it on again later?

It seems like I frequently hear songs repeated, long before all 250 songs have played. I think it's probably because the unit is doing a new reshuffle every time it's turned on. I'd like it to just continue along with the same shuffle of the deck.

Thanks!

iPod shuffle

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 3:25 PM

I would just leave the power switch in the ON position, as long as you want to keep the "same" shuffle, and just pause playback. Even with the power switch ON, it goes into a power-saving mode after a few minutes of inactivity. I often do this to avoid having to flip the tiny switch every time, and it does not seem to drain the battery more in any noticeable way, compared to turning it OFF.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2013 3:25 PM in response to MTAapple

I would just leave the power switch in the ON position, as long as you want to keep the "same" shuffle, and just pause playback. Even with the power switch ON, it goes into a power-saving mode after a few minutes of inactivity. I often do this to avoid having to flip the tiny switch every time, and it does not seem to drain the battery more in any noticeable way, compared to turning it OFF.

Is there a way ... (reshuffle question)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.