Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to connect to a known internet connection but i keep getting the response "unable to join network"

Trying to connect to a known internet connection but I keep getting the response "Unable to join network" and the internet is connected, please help.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 5:31 PM

Okay now this description was pretty vague but it could be a few things. First thing to try. Turn wifi off and then one again and try to connect. If this fails read on.

The second step is to select that network in the wifi settings so you get an expanded menu of it. Follow these steps from the home menu on your ipad... SETTINGS>Wi-FI>NETWORK NAME (you have to click the little blue arrow)> FORGET THIS NETWORK. Then turn wifi off and then on. Then try to connect again. If this fails... well read on,

Okay, so now you really know it's most likely not your ipad, so go on down to your wifi router and turn it off, wait ten seconds, turn it on again. WITH YOUR IPAD OFF. Then turn on your ipad on and then try to connect again. If this fails... Then you'll have to do some more complex things. You could try setting up the network again. IF that fails too. Leave some details about your router, brand, year etc... And I'll try to let you know what else it could be.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2013 5:31 PM in response to hypermary

Okay now this description was pretty vague but it could be a few things. First thing to try. Turn wifi off and then one again and try to connect. If this fails read on.

The second step is to select that network in the wifi settings so you get an expanded menu of it. Follow these steps from the home menu on your ipad... SETTINGS>Wi-FI>NETWORK NAME (you have to click the little blue arrow)> FORGET THIS NETWORK. Then turn wifi off and then on. Then try to connect again. If this fails... well read on,

Okay, so now you really know it's most likely not your ipad, so go on down to your wifi router and turn it off, wait ten seconds, turn it on again. WITH YOUR IPAD OFF. Then turn on your ipad on and then try to connect again. If this fails... Then you'll have to do some more complex things. You could try setting up the network again. IF that fails too. Leave some details about your router, brand, year etc... And I'll try to let you know what else it could be.

Trying to connect to a known internet connection but i keep getting the response "unable to join network"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.