Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RE: Huge data charges iphone 5/Telstra URGENT**

There is an issue with iphone 5 and Telstra. My daughter-in-law's phone has chewed 22GB in six weeks, 7GB in the last 6 days! On review of the bill, the data was used mainly at times when she would have been at home (ie six am on a Sunday morning or 10pm on a school night) using our local WI-FI we have in the house. On investigation, it is a global problem with many countries users posting similar to this. Apparently the iphone is automatically choosing 3g over the home WI-FI. If this is a firmware issue, why has Apple not created an update like they have for Verizon in the USA? Surely this is a product that has been sold faulty and as such should indemnify consumers... Other support communities have stated that Telstra and Apple know about the issue but nothing has been done and Telstra have told me that i must take responsibility for data usage! The fact she has had an iphone for the last 3 years on an optus plan and has never exceeded her 1GB plan is irrelevant... This is unacceptable from both Apple and Telstra.

Please sort this out quickly

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 4:43 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2013 5:03 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thank you for your response.

The intention was to see if there were other users with this issue. Millions of people do have iphones. But this is an iPhone 5 issue and a quick look at the internet would tell you that there are many users with the same problem, all around the world. If trouble shooting is your advice, and that is what this community is all about i had thought, what would you suggest? I have turned off 3g network access (and shut down all apps that use data) and the phone using local WI-FI had used 7GB of mobile data in the last 6 days. Please explain how this is possible...

RE: Huge data charges iphone 5/Telstra URGENT**

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.