Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nook app show books but cannot open books

I downloaded the Nook app for my new iPad. No problems for 3 weeks. However, today, I can open the app and it shows the library with appropriate books, but books cannot be opened. I can click on book - and the app closes. Any suggestions?

iPad

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 11:04 PM

Try closing the Nook app via the taskbar and see if it works when you re-open the app : from the home screen (i.e. not with the Nook app 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the Nook app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

If that doesn't work then also try a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2013 11:04 PM in response to Jill8754

Try closing the Nook app via the taskbar and see if it works when you re-open the app : from the home screen (i.e. not with the Nook app 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the Nook app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

If that doesn't work then also try a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Nook app show books but cannot open books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.