Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sp scan software needed for scanjet 4070

my new Macbook Air from Apple does not permit my scanner sofrtware to be installed. Basically it tells me the software is not authorized, or somesuch thing, when I attempt to do this.

The software is "HP Scan" from HP, and my scanner is the HP ScanJet 4070 Photosmart Scanner.

Does anyone know how to get OSX 10.8.3 to allow the installer to reinstall it?

Thanks for any help.

- Brent

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 6:30 PM

Check: System preferences - Security and Privacy - Allow applications from = (Select, Anywhere)

You can change it back to Mac App Store and identified developers after the install if you wish.

3 replies

Apr 15, 2013 6:56 PM in response to stedman1

Thanks stedman1 -

I found out I could hold down the control key while selecting the HP Scan installer, select "open" and it would permit the installer to be loaded (with a warning). Then I did the same with a short update from HP (going back to March 2011) and now my HP 4070 scanner is back working again.

It sounds like your method would have worked also, since it was the security system stopping it.

Thanks again.

sp scan software needed for scanjet 4070

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.