Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synching unreliable

Often when I attempt to synch iTunes with my iPad 3rd Gen to apply updates downloaded into iTunes, the process displays "Locating iPad" for awhile and then removes the icon indicator for the iPad from the left column in iTunes.

I've made sure that both my iMac and iPad are on the same WiFi network.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Has anyone found a solution on how to get synching to be more consistent?

Thanks

-Mike

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 5:34 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2013 7:19 PM in response to Soniq2

It happens to me almost daily and drives me nuts. I'm currently syncing an iPhone 4 (used as a media device), an iPhone 5, and an iPad 2. At least one of these will do what you described pretty much every day.

What I do is, on my iMac, toggle wifi off and then back on. iTunes almost always finds the dropped device and will start syncing. Recently, I've started watching it when I click Sync. If the "Locating..." message is there for too long, I toggle wifi off and on. Syncing then starts right away.

Apr 27, 2013 11:49 AM in response to GregMac1213

Thanks Greg,

Yes this is quite frusterating.

I've tried the disabline/enabling of WiFi but I've found this dosn't always work for me.

I have to resort to at least one of the following:

1) Reboot the iPad.

2) Restart iTunes.

3) Sometimes I've just left iTunes alone and come back in a few hours and iTunes has found the iPad again (this does not always work though. Sometimes iTunes never finds the iPad without some sort of manual action from my part).

Weird indeed. 😕

-Mike

Synching unreliable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.