Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini not fully charged

I am using provided AC charger to charge my iPad mini. After a while, I checked the device. The battery is no longer in charge mode. It is only 80% charged. When I touch the AC charger, it is hot. I need to switch off the AC charger to let it cool down before continue to charge my iPad mini again. Of course it will be 100% charge but must make sure the AC charger is cool down completely.

I feel that the provided AC charger that is not suitable for our charging on iPad mini.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 12:02 AM

12 replies

Apr 16, 2013 1:49 AM in response to Vincentchee

You could also try restoring the iPad as new according to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137 and try again to charge, just to make sure the issue isn't at the iPad. Though it's normal that devices/chargers generate a little heat while charging, they should get to a point that it's not possible to hold them anymore.

My best guess right now is that the issue is at the charger. I'd recommend the previous steps and offering the charger for replacement 🙂

Aug 10, 2013 2:18 AM in response to Wanduan69

Yes it shows "not charging" when connected to PC USB. However it is actually charging in the background but very slowly. This is because the USB power in the PC is not high enough to charge IPad MINI normally.

It is highly recommeded to use the provided adaptor connecting to the wall socket.

I believe the power adaptor has a built-in temperature sensor that cut off the charging when it is too hot. That is why my iPad Mini will never get 100% for every 1st charge.

When it reaches about 80% charged, the adaptor is warm and therefore cut off the power supply. Same as other, I will need to switch it off for a while (15sec), then charge my iPad Mini again. Only that it will go to 100% fully charged.

So if your unit left 50% and you start to charge, it will go to 100% in 1 charge.

But if you start from below 20~30% onwards, you will need to switch off the adaptor at least 1 time before the unit is fully charged.

iPad mini not fully charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.