Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find the pixel size of a photo?

I have taken a photo or found one online.

It's now on my ipad.

How do I tell the pixel resoution of the photo via the ipad?

I have two of the same photos on my device at the moment and want to delete one. They may both be 2048/2048, but without emailing them or putting them in Dropbox, and viewing on my laptop, I don't see how to tell.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 2:01 AM

12 replies

Aug 29, 2017 9:56 AM in response to Jdbond

Jdbond wrote:

Agree100%. After switching to iPhone from Android I know why the iPhone feels like 1980's tech, not being able to see the size of an image file is ridicu

That's funny, given that the very first cellular telephones with cameras were not available until after the year 2000 😁

In the 1980's the majority of computing of any kind was still being done on punched card and large format tape mainframes (using programming languages most people nowadays have never heard of). Even after the IBM PC was introduced in 1981, it was many years before even a few households actually owned a personal computer. The most used mobile devices of the 1980's were simple pagers. Consumer cellular telephones were not common at all until well into the 1990's, and none of them had a camera.

Personal photography in the 1980's used this stuff called "film" - you may have heard of it? Most people would never have even heard of a "digital" camera and certainly not seen one (unless they were a journalist or worked for somebody like NASA or Nikon). Digital darkroom for the Mac was released in 1988, but I doubt they sold many copies those first few years, since so few people had a camera to use with it.

How do I find the pixel size of a photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.