Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What sorting and info tag are used by iTunes and Home Sharing?

I have a small collection of movies and TV shows in my iTunes Library. Most where bought on iTunes, if not all.

For example, I recently acquired the complete West Wing series. Season 1 to 7 on iTunes.

I can see in the “Get info” that a few tags are use. Tags like Episode ID and Season, name, ect…

I like to know which exact tag does iTunes and Home Sharing uses. Even for the West Wing bought on iTunes, I need to change some tags because they show up in different groups on iTunes and even differently on device looking at my library via Home Sharing.

For example, on iTunes I see 2 different West Wing covers and one has some episodes the other have the rest. On a device looking at it via home sharing they are also spit but in different groups. I would also like to add to the tag the correct season. Since I bought the complete series the episodes are not separated in seasons.

So is there a help guide somewhere that tells me exactly how iTunes and Home Sharing uses those tags and which one I should use to get a good grouping / ordering?

Should I use Episode ID like I often see it “S1EP12” for example?

Thanks

PC-OTHER, Windows 8, Main PC runing iTunes

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 11:49 PM

There are no replies.

What sorting and info tag are used by iTunes and Home Sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.