Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want build a versitile muis production studio.tips?

I want a versatile but modest musi/production studio. I currently own an ipad 1, an iphone 5(al equipt with garageband) and a macbook with descent specs. I know my macbook is the most flexible power wise but I really want to to utilize the numerous recording,synth,sampler and drum machines the ipad apps has to offer(I intend to record live , direct and samlple and use a midi controller keyboard.Any suggestions as to which i should use as my primary daw?Are there such apps that work with garageband of or other apple based apps? If anyoe can point me into the direction to reccomended apps for high quality and easy to use hardware, compatible apps, etc. That would be great I also was wondering if there were recomentations of user frienly daws thar are more flexible than garageband. I want midi capabilies, a drum machine(not just loops) I have no use for loops, I need flexible synths that are hopefully compatible with garageband, or another recommeded daw.I currently own an apogee 1, and an apogee jam which have medriocre sound quality and no midid controler capabilty.

Aso any ipad mics or gear is appreciated. Im hoping the ipad 1 has enough power because I really wan to easily incorporate ipad/iphone apps in my tracks for financial reasons.

Sorry for the long post. My main questions is about ipad daw app compatability, gear recommendations etc.

Im planning on buying a macbook pro hopefully logic, an m audio interface, and mybe logic and im hoping to be able to use ipaad apps in either logic or garageband if I cant make my current gear work.

Any info or recommendations is greatly appreciated

thanks

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 6.1.2, recording production studio questio

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 3:27 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2013 2:14 PM in response to chickenvirus

There a whole books out there that that are dealing with just your topic of building a studio. Here are just a few pointers.

• First of all, invest in decent speakers and no, earbuds don't count. The speakers and your ears tell your brain to turn knob XYZ to make it sound the way you want. If either one has a problem then your sound will have a problem too.
  • You mention only recording devices, Building a studio however is more than that, i.e. room acoustics, monitoring, etc
  • If you are looking for (upward) compatibility with GarageBand, then this is the only chain: GarageBand iOS, GarageBand OSX, Logic.
  • If you are looking for user friendliness, then stay away from Logic. This might be more than you ask for. Don't get me wrong, I think it is the best DAW out there and I use it as a professional composer, but it is a serious app and nothing to just toy with.
  • I think it is the first time I heard Apogee and "mediocre sound quality" in the same sentence. Apogee is the gold standard.
  • Whatever apps you are using on your iPad1, you might run into limitations, time to upgrade
  • And finally, did I mention decent speakers?

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

I want build a versitile muis production studio.tips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.