Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing songs locally when using iTunes Match

Hi,

I have been using iTunes Match fine with my laptop and ipod and ipad but suddenly I have a problem. iTunes in my laptop now shows all my songs as only being only available via the cloud - even though they are all still on my hard drive. They are in the same place as they have always been and when opening 'Preferences' the folder location name is correct. It's a nuisance as I have to download each song every time I play it and when I re-open iTunes I lose them again. I think I may have to download everything and then stop using iTunes Match. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Si

iPod classic, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 4:30 AM

If the songs are still on your HDD why are you downloading them? You're just creating duplicates and taking up space.

At any rate, disable iTunes Match in iTunes then sign out of the Store. Quit iTunes, re-launch it, sign back into the store and re-enable iTunes Match. This will generally clear up glitches like this.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2013 4:30 AM in response to SimonPeake

If the songs are still on your HDD why are you downloading them? You're just creating duplicates and taking up space.

At any rate, disable iTunes Match in iTunes then sign out of the Store. Quit iTunes, re-launch it, sign back into the store and re-enable iTunes Match. This will generally clear up glitches like this.

Losing songs locally when using iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.