Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Bluetooth of apple devices doesn't work for transferring data or files with other devices and even with apple to apple devices? Why can't the video or files be directly downloaded in device like iPhone, iPad etc?

It's a disadvantage feature for apple products which helps to rise other products in market. I have seen many people not buying iphone due to the lack of such features and going to other product like Samsung galaxy S4 or any other android phones.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 2:37 AM

11 replies

Apr 16, 2013 3:52 AM in response to Sapkotasandip

I agree it is a little frustrating.

You could always connect to your computer to transfer via the cable, or email the picture to yourself, or even have a Dropbox Account that you can save the file to on your iPhone that syncs with your computer...and them theres the iCloud so you have everything everywhere...spoilt for choice really, just not using Bluetooth!

Apr 16, 2013 5:04 AM in response to Sapkotasandip

Sapkotasandip wrote:

It's a disadvantage feature for apple products which helps to rise other products in market. I have seen many people not buying iphone due to the lack of such features and going to other product like Samsung galaxy S4 or any other android phones.

You can transfer data via Bluetooth between iOS devices or between iOS devices and a computer (Mac or PC) if you have the proper Apps to do so.

See, for example, Photo Transfer and others:

Photo Transfer App for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes ...

Why Bluetooth of apple devices doesn't work for transferring data or files with other devices and even with apple to apple devices? Why can't the video or files be directly downloaded in device like iPhone, iPad etc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.