Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEW iPad already a USED one?

Hello,

I recently bought an iPad 4, 64GB, WIFI only, white.

It was packaged like always (the box was sealed).

When I unboxed it, I noticed some kind of white "dirt" on the foil that protects the ipad (which i could scrape off), and at all 4 corners some removable black "dirt" (looked like Black color, but i guess its something else).

When I powered it on, the usual Setup-guide started.

But one thing was different: When i came to selecting a country, China was already selected!

I'm a little bit confused with this...

Is this thing new? 😕

I'd appreciate your help 😉

thanks

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 7:20 AM

12 replies

Apr 16, 2013 7:42 AM in response to Lemon17.

Sealed means very little. Most retailers have shrinkwrap machines and can easily reseal a box. It sounds to me like you got an iPad that had previously been sold, unpackaged, and returned. Someone, either the store, the original purchaser claiming that he/she hadn't opened the box, or someone else, just sealed it back up. Take the iPad back to the retailer and get them to give you a new one.

Regards.

Apr 16, 2013 7:52 AM in response to Lemon17.

Its possible, but in all the Apple devices I have purchased over the yearas (most from Apple Stores or Apple online, but a couple from a local retailer) I've never incountered that. Occasional you will see some card board dust from the packaging, but even that shouldn't be all that pronounced.

Preset to China - I would think not. At least I've nver seen that on one sold in the US

Apr 16, 2013 8:19 AM in response to Lemon17.

Lemon17. wrote:

I bought it from a retailer.

But until now I only had good experiences with them (and as I said, the box still was sealed)

Go to http://www.apple.com/support/ and click on the "reseller" link at the bottom of the page. If the retailer is not found on Apple's site, they are not an official Apple Authorized Reseller and may be (re)selling products that were not obtained directly from Apple.

NEW iPad already a USED one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.