Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recalibrating bluetooth devices?

Hello All, My name is Byron.

My mac mini recently had to be taken to the Apple Store due to a power supply being burnt out. Ever since i got it back, my mouse and keyboard [Official apple branded] loose conectivity extremely often, of if they dont completely loose it, they lag. for example as i move my mouse, on screen nothing happens, i move it some more and even click a bit, and then almost all the gestures i performed are done on the screen within 5 seconds [ really fast for all movements i attempt] Same goes to my keyboard. i press keys and nothing, then out of nowhere about half the scharacters i typed are typed. This has happened while i use safari, Pages, Minecraft, and Call of duty [usually the only apps i use anyways]. I also own a set of apple recharagable batteries and tried charging them all before playing. [up until i get the green indicator light]. no dice.

so to recap my bluetooth and mouse loose conectivity often

my mouse drags or does nothing for a bit then performs all gestures. if not it disconects.

my keyboard lags or disconnects. or types all the keys i entered at once.

I wanted to know if there was a way to recalibrate these devices or if there was any troubleshooting i could do myself. Id rather not open it up as I do not wish to void my warranty as well..

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Was recently serviced

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 10:10 AM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Dalek5961

Hello,

Open Console in Applications>Utilities & see if there are any clues or repeating messages when this happens.

One way to test is to Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, Test for problem in Safe Mode...

PS. Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive

Reboot, test again.

If it only does it in Regular Boot, then it could be some hardware problem like Video card, (Quartz is turned off in Safe Mode), or Airport, or some USB or Firewire device, or 3rd party add-on, Check System Preferences>Accounts (Users & Groups in later OSX versions)>Login Items window to see if it or something relevant is listed.

Check the System Preferences>Other Row, for 3rd party Pref Panes.

Also look in these if they exist, some are invisible...

/private/var/run/StartupItems

/Library/StartupItems

/System/Library/StartupItems

/System/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchDaemons

Recalibrating bluetooth devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.