Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail alternatives

I know this has been discussed and I've been looking at other mail apps already (including Sparrow with its "mark all read" option):

I'm using two email accounts, one for personal/personal business and one for corporate business. On my Blackberry I simply had two icons, those would have a red marker if there was new mail in either account, you click on them, see what came in and either read/reply or just do nothing. When you go back to the home screen the red "new mail" indicator is gone even after not reading each new mail. That worked perfectly for me and takes a split second to check both accounts.

On my new iPhone 5 I now only have one mail icon that gives me the total of "unread" messages on the home screen. Several clicks later I have an idea what came in. Maybe I read 1 of the 5 new messages. Then I go back to the home screen and it still shows 4 new messages that I haven't clicked on because they are irrelevant. You get the idea.

I knew that this was the case when I bought the new phone so I'm not really complaining. It just seems that I can't really get used to it and it's cumbersome.

Anyone who is thinking along the same workflow found a (at least partial) solution? I know that Sparrow at least has a one-click "mark all read" button. Ideally I'd like to have something that does that automatically or at least prevents the red numbers on the home screen after opening the mail folder(s). Any recommendations for other apps that would do something like this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 10:16 AM

There are no replies.

mail alternatives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.