Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 for T-Mobile Facetime not connecting...

I just got the brand new iphone 5 for T-mobile and everything works except Facetime. I have the 500MB data plan and have tried connecting over the cellular network and on wi-fi, but when either incoming or outgoing Facetime requests are accepted it says "connecting..." and then never connects.

What is going on?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3, T-Mobile

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 12:58 PM

What did T-Mobile say about it when you contacted them? Do they even support facetime over cellular?

3 replies

Apr 16, 2013 1:15 PM in response to KiltedTim

They do support facetime over cellular, although in store the customer service agents didn't know what the problem is. They instructed me to call customer support, which I have not yet

I started this thread since I've been all over the internet and haven't seen this specific issue brought up anywhere... I'll re-post once I get a chance to try T-Mobile's tech support.

-cda:

I just found this on T-Mobile's iphone 5 support website

Set up - FaceTime

To set up FaceTime, follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap FaceTime.
  3. Tap Add an Email
  4. Enter your email address.
  5. Tap Next.
  6. You are returned to the Home screen and FaceTime is ready to use.

This is probably going to work, I had my Apple ID configured, but there was no email address associated with facetime yet...

Message was edited by: corndogankles

Apr 16, 2013 1:16 PM in response to corndogankles

I just found this on T-Mobile's iphone 5 support website

Set up - FaceTime

To set up FaceTime, follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap FaceTime.
  3. Tap Add an Email
  4. Enter your email address.
  5. Tap Next.
  6. You are returned to the Home screen and FaceTime is ready to use.

This is probably going to work, I had my Apple ID configured, but there was no email address associated with facetime yet...

iPhone 5 for T-Mobile Facetime not connecting...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.