Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The iphone "*name" could not be synced because iphone cannot be FOUND"

Hello everybody!

i have a problem with my iphone and wifi sync.

I searched on google, and here for the answer, but people don't seem to have the SAME problem.

i tryed almost everything i found as a solution, i reinstaled itunes, i made sure the itunes and the iphone

are log to store on the same apple ID, i turned off my firewall, my antivirus, windows firewall ( even though i opened up my port that apple uses),

yet i seem to have the same problem.

Only progress i have with the new itunes is that my itunes can see my iphone, but when i click the sync button it doesn't go

beyond step 2 - preparing for sync ", than i get this message " the iphone "boky's iphone" cannot be sync because it cannot be FOUND".

yes, i am on the same wifi, i am running windows 7, ios 6.1.3.

i just don't know what to do next.

any advice?

thank you.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 3:25 PM

14 replies

May 20, 2013 6:05 AM in response to Bambi0069

Can you see the iPhone in the iTunes Sidebar? (In iTunes go to the View menu, "Show Sidebar" if the sidebar is not visible).

If not, for a Mac see: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1591

For Windows: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

If yo DO see the iPhone in the sidebar but sync gives this error try renaming your iPhone in iTunes (click on its name twice, slowly - 2 seconds apart).

Jun 2, 2014 7:53 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for mentioning Bonjour service. Just thought I'd give it a try and this worked for me:

1. Close iTunes
  2. Task manager: end process for Bonjour and iTunes helper (not sure if 'helper' did anything)
  3. Start up iTunes, which generated a dialogue that said Bonjour needed to be started up again in Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services. So I did that.

After that iTunes went thru' a sync without failing. Maybe re-starting Bonjour in Services would have done the trick.

Btw, I have a 5S with iOS 7.1.1, and PC running Win8.1 and iTunes 11.2.2.3.

Hope this will help someone.

Message was edited by: mtbdude

Jun 9, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Howard Brazee

Thanks Howard- that's all it took to resolve this problem for me. Although I also followed Lawrence's suggestion and re-named my phone.

I recently bought a new iMac, which showed my phone as 'iphone (2)' rather than the name I had on my MacBook. Not sure if that's relevant, but I named my phone and iTunes briefly sync'ed as soon as I hit 'Enter.'

Then I shut down iTunes, restarted and I was able to add music to my iPhone again.

Thanks, all!

Dec 20, 2015 8:21 PM in response to johnfromalma

This happened to me as well when I first connected my phone to the laptop. I found that I had to turn on my phone, unlock it, and then after a bit, not more than 5min., a prompt appeared on my phone: Trust this computer? (Or something like that), and I had to approve. Then my iPhone appeared in my iTunes.

Try it out. Just make sure to have your iphone and unlocked. Hope it works!

Dec 22, 2015 10:54 AM in response to egrmedina

I assumed this was normal operating procedure to get your iPhone connected to iTunes if you had a passcode. I also knew about the "Trust" this computer. So, none of what you posted would help me in this matter. Thank you for trying though.

Still not connecting. I can look at my iPhone "internal storage" on my computer but it still won't connect to iTunes.

"The iphone "*name" could not be synced because iphone cannot be FOUND"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.