Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I FaceTime on iPhone 4S without using wifi

How do I FaceTime on my iPhone 4S without using wifi? I have followed the instructions on apple.com for setting up but whenever I try it without wifi on, it doesn't work.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 4:45 PM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2013 4:55 PM in response to ElleBenton

With AT&T, you have to have one of their special data plans for it to work, I believe it is a family share plan. It will not work with unlimited data. If it is one of the correct plans, you must make sure you have it turned on to use it, go to Settings>Facetime>Use Cellular Data>On. If it activates from there, you may need to reset the phone before you can use it, hold the on/off and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. After the phone restarts, try again.

How do I FaceTime on iPhone 4S without using wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.