Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plug-ins for Safari?

Hello

I have a 'test' site here: www.proofreading4students.com/projects.asp

Please ignore the untidy layout - I am only concerned about loading the video correctly at this stage.

There is a video on the page (though it takes a while to download - not sure if that is because of the size of the video file or how to compress it, but any ideas are welcome).

I can see the video in IE and Chrome, but in Safari I get a 'Missing Plug-in' message in the video 'container'. This is the code that loads the video:

<div class="content_image">

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="Goldfish.swf" width="300" height="240">

</object>

</div>

What plug-ins do I require, please?

Thanks!

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 3:12 PM

6 replies

Apr 16, 2013 3:44 PM in response to Bluenose221100

If you were running a Mac the following would have been my answer, but like i said I am ignorant about similar voo-doo on Windows!

Two bugs, one affecting Apple's Mac platform and another attacking Microsoft's Windows, exploit certain Flash player vulnerabilities to install malware onto users' systems, reports ArsTechnica. While users of other operating systems like Linux have yet to report attacks, Adobe's advisory notes the exploit affects all platforms.

Designated as CVE-2013-0634, the first vulnerability targets the Safari and Firefox Web browsers running on OS X, and is also being used as a trojan to deploy Microsoft Word documents containing malware. For Mac users, the flaw affects Adobe Flash Player version 11.5.502.146 or earlier.

On March 1 Apple again blocked Flash Player for Lion and Mountain Lion:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5660

The Adobe Flash patch can be found on Adobe’s website, and users can visit this page to check if their software is the most curent version.

You should uninstall any previous version first, and repair permissions after installing the new version.

If you still get a ‘plug-ins blocked’ message:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5271

Plug-ins for Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.