Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto fails to quit

if you try to import a photo from you local disk into iPhoto, it imports fine. Once imported, if you try to quit the application, it conitnues to give the message "Photos are being imported...." . Just does not quit. I have to force quit this everytime.

A small bug I believe.

Importing from usb stick or SD card is not an issue at all. Only applies to importing a photo in any format from local HDD (SSD or otherwise) into iPhoto.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 4:44 PM

6 replies

Apr 16, 2013 4:48 PM in response to anupfromcary

BTW, I am on latest mac hardware (brand new), OSX Lion and latest iLife (comes installed on the system). definitely seems to be a bug. I updated to the latest iPhoto released today in hopes it will be fixed, but not yet..

To reproduce,

• Have a photo on your desktop
  • from iPhoto, choose import and select the photo OR, use pixelmator (or any app) that can send it to iPhoto
  • Once imported, try to quit iPhoto.

Apr 16, 2013 4:54 PM in response to anupfromcary

Not so. I'm running an SSD boot drive on my iMac and have been importing from it and closing without issue. I can also import from my other internal HDD and close iPhoto without issue.

Try this: launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? If it does lot into another user account on your Mac and try impoirting into iPhoto from there and see if the problem persists. Does it?

What fixes have you tried?

OT

Apr 16, 2013 5:20 PM in response to Old Toad

I am thinking whether it has to do with photo streams...maybe it is trying to do something after import and is locked... or could be macbook pro laptop related since you have an iMac (?)

But thanks for your reply!!! That was quick !!!!

Will see if anybody else notices this same behaviour. My laptop is brand new !! Nothing funky installed as I keep my mac always clean with mostly apple software.

again, only notice this with local SSD. any external SD card or otherwise does not yeild this issue. Minor issue for me...just wondering if others are facing this or not 🙂

Message was edited by: anupfromcary

iphoto fails to quit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.