Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repartition a 3TB Fusion drive = Bad?

The short version of a long story is that it seems that my partition size allotment is hosed. When I tried bootcamping a Win7 partition, things froze for like 6 hours...turns out the HDD showed it didn't have enough disk space (even though I had about 800GB more than the Win7 partition required). Regardless of that, it's now showing negative values when trying to use BootCamp Assistant...which leads me to think that we simply need to zero out the HDD (wipe the partition), reinstall OSX, Time Machine the existing data, and try BootCamp again.

Question: In the process of creating a whole new 1 x 3TB partition on my Fusion drive, will this screw up the "fusion" aspect of it or is the "fusion" aspect of it not able to be modified from the users end (IE - Recovery Partition > Disk Manager > Partition)?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 3:45 PM

2 replies

Repartition a 3TB Fusion drive = Bad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.