Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Technicolor Color Assist Crashing FCPX

I just purchased Technicolor Color Assist. On my first test project I applied the Technicolor effect to a compound clip and FCPX (10.0.8) crashed instantly.

There was no warning in the Quick Start Guide or User Guide that compound clips were unsupported by the Color Assist plugin. I've since been advised by Color Assist support that this is in fact the case.

It would seem that I now have a corrupt project file and backup file on my hands - FCPX continues to crash on start-up with the project file in the Project folder. With the project file removed FCPX starts up just fine.

Is there a way to recover the project file and avoid losing the nearly completed project and the 50 hours of work that went into it?

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 4:41 PM

5 replies

Apr 17, 2013 4:41 AM in response to TG Lawrence

It's possible that the backup is pre-Technicolor. Hide the current version and replace with the backup at the same level of the folder structure. Rename it CurrentVersion. Disable plug-in. (If you have problems doing this Digital Rebellion has a plug-in manager in their Pro Maintenance Tools suite of apps. They have a short trial available.) Now, see whether it will open.

Good luck.

Russ

Technicolor Color Assist Crashing FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.