Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot Sign in to the iTunes Store

I went to sign in to iTunes today and it will not happen. I have the latest verision of iTunes as of right now (11.0.2) and I am using Windows 7 on a laptop.

I can get to the store, but after I type the information in I get two errors.

We could not complete your iTunes store request. An unkown error occured (-50).

There was an error in the iTunes store. Please try again later.

We could not complete your iTunes store request. The network connection could not be established.

I have never had a problem with iTunes like this before and the same two errors are occuring on both of my computers.

I have looked up some information online and have tried a few things, including disabling my antivirus. None of it worked.

Any suggestions?

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 5:45 PM

11 replies

Apr 16, 2013 7:37 PM in response to ForgoWord

I have the exact same problem:

We could not complete your iTunes store request. An unkown error occured (-50).

We could not complete your iTunes store request. The network connection could not be established.

It's not a Windows problem. I'm using a Macbook Pro, Intel Core i5, OS X 10.7.5

I've noted that itunes has for some time failed to automatically download TV shows that I have purchased as a season. New things come spontaneously only rarely, and when I "check for available downloads" I get nothing, but if I manually look the show up, episodes are nevertheless available to download. This problem above however, is more severe and I have only seen this today ( April 16, 2013).

Aug 5, 2013 3:17 AM in response to ForgoWord

I had the same problem too signing in with my apple id on itunes windows for the past hour. it kept telling me there was an error on connection with itunes store or something like that. i went to control panel & clicked on Itunes repair & whoa, it worked! now i can sign in & look at my purchases with no problems! 🙂

I cannot Sign in to the iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.