Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have some songs that are in Itunes Match limbo what can I do to fix it?

I am going to try not to get too wordy here, but bear with me:

I had an album which I bought from another website because itunes didnt have the artist in the itunes store. The files I received from this purchase were ALAC, about half the songs were uploaded to itunes match, while the other half were stuck on "waiting". After telling itunes to update itunes match several times via the menu I got frustrated that it wasn't uploading the "waiting" tracks, so I proceded onto a tactic I have had success with in the past. I created AAC versions of the song (I used Itunes to do this) and then removed the ALAC files from my itunes library. I then disabled itunes match and subsequently reenabled it. It now says the AAC copies cant be uploaded because they are marked as duplicates, however if I get on a device like my ipad I can't download these tracks because they have never actually been uploaded. I am unsure why itunes considers them duplicates when no other copies currently exist in itunes, or in the cloud. Does anyone know how to clear this up?

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 11:12 PM

update:

I dont know what I did specifically that worked, but I kept deleting the items from my library, and re-adding them and updating itunes match, etc... and at one point after updating itunes match instead of the duplicate Icon they showed a cloud with an x indicating they had been removed from itunes match. I right clicked on them at this point and clicked add to icloud at which point they were uploaded to itunes match and are now visible from other devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2013 11:12 PM in response to sevenatenine

update:

I dont know what I did specifically that worked, but I kept deleting the items from my library, and re-adding them and updating itunes match, etc... and at one point after updating itunes match instead of the duplicate Icon they showed a cloud with an x indicating they had been removed from itunes match. I right clicked on them at this point and clicked add to icloud at which point they were uploaded to itunes match and are now visible from other devices.

I have some songs that are in Itunes Match limbo what can I do to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.