Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keychain need to remember

How do I get "keychain" to remember a user name and Password?

somehow, on this one site, Safari (on my laptop) DOES NOT remember username and password when I return to the site,... but on my desktop computer, safari has remembered it for the same site!

Further, everytime I input the username and password, I AM NOT prompted by Safari as if I want to "REMEMBER" .... like it does with any NEW site I might be login in for the 1st time..... so what gives?

Michel

Posted on Apr 17, 2013 6:29 AM

6 replies

Apr 17, 2013 6:45 AM in response to Michel Vézina

in addition, when I go to Keychain access, I see the site name. Under attributes tab I see: NAme, kind, account,where, comments, Show password FIELDS.... But I do not see where to put the USERNAME!

When I attempt to put a password in the password field, the cursor does NOT become active.... I cannot put a password in there!

It's as if Safari, does not know that this site has a username and password.

Apr 17, 2013 3:25 PM in response to baltwo

thanks for the help...

went to Safari->Preferences->AutoFill Web forms->click on the "User names and passwords" Edit button, and DID NOT find the site in the list.

But i also went to ->other forms-> and clicked on Edit button. and found the site's entry. I deleted it and quit Safari and relaunched it, went to the site, logged in,..... but DID NOT get any remember me Dialog box!!!

any other ideas?

Michel

Apr 17, 2013 5:01 PM in response to baltwo

did that, and Keychain had 2 copies of the site created at 6:48am and 6:49am this morning when I originally posted the question.

Deleted both, quit safari, restarted, logged in site, BUT did not get the dialog box... and nothing shows in the keychain anymore (that site is not there anymore event though I logged in a few times!)

what up?

keychain need to remember

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.