Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting ipod to windows 8 via bluetooth

I have connected my ipod touch 4g to my windows 8 laptop via bluetooth. it shows up in both the ipod and in the windows settings as being connected. however, once connected, i am unable to do anything with the connection. There is no Windows tile showing the ipod, no obvious options in the ipod for how I can do anything with the connection, nothing. What am I supposed to be able to do once I have connected them via bluetooth? Is there a step I'm missing? I've read you can stream podcasts to the computer, for example, but there's supposed to be a windows tile showing the ipod which I'm definitely not getting either in the start menu or when i search.

iPod touch, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 17, 2013 5:43 AM

9 replies

Apr 17, 2013 6:39 AM in response to CaptainKoloth

Wel, on my computer, when I connect my ipod a window of windows media player pops up to play music on my ipod. Also, I think that you can go to devices and printers or computer, and find the ipod on there and there should be an option that pulls up in another window. Im not exactly sure because my devices and printers wont open very quickly at the moment. But I have done it before. And also im not sure how much different windows 8 is to 7 but id say it would work for you.

Connecting ipod to windows 8 via bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.