Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is it?

Does anyone know why this update isn't available on Software Update AND on the Apple Support Download Pages?

Did they pull it back because of problems?

Thank you everyone for your replay.

Regards from Switzerland

Thomas Thaler

Mac OS X 10.8.3 AND 10.8.4

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 32GB Memory, 240GB SSD OCZ-VERTEX3

Posted on Apr 17, 2013 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 3:11 PM

Safari 6.0.4 can be installed ONLY via OS X 's built-in Software Update.

8 replies

Apr 19, 2013 2:37 AM in response to babowa

Thank you for your information.

10.8.3 I'm running on one computer, 10.8.4 (Developer account) I'm running on a seperate computer.

So as much as I know this doesn^t violate any agreement, maybe except that I did mention the version number, but NOTHING about functionality or features are detailed informations about the upcomming update version.

If I'm wrong, I'll try to close this discussion.

Regards

Thomas

Apr 19, 2013 3:25 AM in response to Thomas Thaler1

I have to say that on the Apple side you are right.

But under the following URL link you can download Safari 6.0.4.

http://www.macupdate.com/download/15675/Safari6.0.4Mountain.pkg

Good point but a warning to others:

This link will allow you to overwrite Safari on an incompatible OS so that neither versions of Safari will function. Most will not recover from this without assistance. Even with my experience it took an hour to find the hidden archived original version and reinstate most things but it will probably need an OS reinstall to properly get back to where I was.

A better link is: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15675/apple-safari

This link says which OS the updater is for but it lacks adequate warnings about the consequences of trying it on the wrong OS.

Apr 19, 2013 7:57 AM in response to Thomas Thaler1

As far as I know, the NDA specifies that you not mention any not-yet-publicly-released software in any public forum and only discuss it within your own (developer) forums. Additionally, the ToU for these forums does not allow us to mention or discuss future / not-yet-released products in general. This is especially true as your question relates to Safari 6.0.4 which Apple only made available to 10.8.3 users via Software Update.

Where is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.