Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hypertext links are not always preserved from Word to PDF, using Aperçu or Adobe, depending on OS 10 or Lion. Why? This generally works perfectly in Windows. Why are Apple and Adobe unable to correctly handle links when converting from Word to PDF?

Hypertext links are not always preserved from Word to PDF, using Aperçu or Adobe, depending on OS 10 or Lion. Why? This generally works perfectly in Windows. Why are Apple and Adobe unable to correctly handle links when converting from Word to PDF?

Depending on the system version, and Office Word version:

- a pure URL link starting with http or even www sometimes works in PDF, either produced by Aperçu or Adobe, sometimes does not work;

- other kind of links where the text under display is not a URL, never work!

I like everything with Apple computers and software, except PDF generation. Output files are usually bigger in size, and no better quality, than under Windows. Furthermore, it is weird that something as common as hyperlinks does not work correctly!

I related this question with Mac OS X Snow Leopard, but the problem is still there with Mac OS Lion.

This problem seems to have been around for years, without any proper solution from Apple and/or Adobe! To me, this is very embarrassing!

MacbookPro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Apr 17, 2013 6:33 AM

There are no replies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.