Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get my old preferences!

I just upgraded to mountain lion from snow leopard and overall I am very satisfied. Two problems I have, and they really really bother me.

1) When I log back in all of a sudden all my applications are back open and I HATE this. I want all my applications to close when I close down my computer and then I want to open them back up when I want to, not back in my face when I log in. I shouldn't need to close everything down before I log out, I really shouldn't. Everything shut down how I liked it when I had Snow Leopard. How do I get this back?

2) I think I hate this even more so than the first one. On Safari, yahoo messenger, text edit, etc, etc.... when I scroll down all the way or when I scroll up all the way it "bounces" beyond the set limit of the screen then bounces back. This is ridiculously stupid to me and very VERY distracting. It makes me like Firefox even more because THAT does not do the "bounce back" with the scrolling. Please tell me that I can get rid of this!

Thanks

Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 17, 2013 10:49 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2013 1:40 PM in response to Spprrw

You might check System Preferences/General and check the box that closes all windows when quitting an application.

User uploaded file

What are you scrolling with, a mouse or trackpad?

Your profile shows 10.6.6. If you update that, you might want to consider adding the type computer you are using and what year it is. Saves people from having to ask.

Can't get my old preferences!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.