Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When my iPhone 5 is in the sunlight, the sun clicks items/types/scrolls, etc. Is this normal?

I've never had this issue with a previous model.

When I am outside and sunlight comes in contact with my screen. The sunlight will click things/type messages/scroll etc. It's not like I'm in heavy sunlight either. It's 50 degrees outside and it's still doing it. It happens too when I'm sitting in my car. There will be some light coming through the window and it causes it too. I'm told this is not normal and the phone is defective. Is this true?

Also, if it is defective... How should I prove this to Apple when I make an appt.? I know when I get there they will say it is working fine and there is nothing they can do....

Thanks for the help in advance from anyone!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2013 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2013 2:03 PM

Sol is a powerful diety. Do not question hisways lest you anger him.

There's only one God! He is the Sun God! Ra! Ra! Ra!

Seriously, though, I've never heard of that.

Reboot the phone.

Restore the phone.

Restore it as new.

Also, remove any case or screen protector you have installed.

If it still does it after all of the above, make an appointmet at the Genius bar. Preferably, during daylight hours. I'm sure the genius will be happy to step outside with you to see the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2013 2:03 PM in response to BrandNewBN

Sol is a powerful diety. Do not question hisways lest you anger him.

There's only one God! He is the Sun God! Ra! Ra! Ra!

Seriously, though, I've never heard of that.

Reboot the phone.

Restore the phone.

Restore it as new.

Also, remove any case or screen protector you have installed.

If it still does it after all of the above, make an appointmet at the Genius bar. Preferably, during daylight hours. I'm sure the genius will be happy to step outside with you to see the problem.

When my iPhone 5 is in the sunlight, the sun clicks items/types/scrolls, etc. Is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.