Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I send a book created with page for publishing?

I want to create a book of family stories and end up with a hardcover (similar to what you can do with iphoto: however inserting text is very limited in iphoto)

This book would be heavy on text ie., stories and augmented with photos.

Thanks,

Gary

aluminum imac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), intel aluminum iMac

Posted on Apr 17, 2013 12:38 PM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2013 1:11 PM in response to GH

You self-publish that kind of book. You can usually find a local publishing company that can do the work for you such as FedEx or UPS, Sir Speedy, all of which can do custom publishing.

You can also publish on the Internet at your own website very much like people do who publish their blogs.

Apr 17, 2013 6:35 PM in response to GH

You need to print to or export to pdf, with some qualifications, pdfs from Pages may have issues with transparency and resolution.

I don't know of any printers who use Pages as a core application, although in most cases it is the best method of output for Pages documents.

Ask around for Printers who use Macs and who may have Pages installed. It is not expensive, so even if they don't have it, you could offer to pay them for the DL and install, as a practical measure. It would only be a relatively small percentage extra on a reasonal print run.

Peter

can I send a book created with page for publishing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.