I was using my 13" macbook pro no problem two days ago. Woke up yesterday, completely unable to connect to the internet (both wifi and ethernet).
Despite using the wifi trouble shooting issues link I found (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4628?viewlocale=en_US), I still have not been able to connect.
- Does the symptom occur with more than one Wi-Fi device?
- My roommates are all able to connect to the internet via wifi router and ethernet cable; only I can't access it
- Make sure your software is up-to-date.
- Current Version: 10.7.5
- Unable to check to see if there is newer software to update as I have no internet connection to check (When I click under the apple menu > about this mac > verwion 10.7.5 > there is a "software update..." button; if I click it, it says "software udate can't check for updates because of a network problem. You are not connected to the internet".
- Check your connections.
- I have unpluged both the router and modem, and restarted my computer. I've also tried hitting the refresh button on the wifi router (as this normally fixes the problem)
- Verify that you are using the recommended settings for your device.
- See Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points.
- I haven't had a problem with this; the wifi router is only 6 months old (d-link N300)
- Restart your network devices.
- Doesn't work
Clicking the wifi arches symbol on the top of my computer says that the wifi is on. When I click my network, it says to enter a password (I have the password; it worked 3 days ago to get a friends phone connected). Normally it remembers my password however. When I enter the pass, it spins and tries to load, then says that a connection timeout has occured.
Going through system preferances > network >, wifi (yellow dot) is at the top of the list, followed by ethernet (red dot) and firewire (red dot) on the left. Clicking "advanced" > TCP/IP, there is no IPv4 address there. Clicking renew DHCP lease doesn't do anything either.
What is going on? Why can't I connect at all? I'm right in the middle of finals (yay university) and this is quite inconveinent. When I phoned apple they said that to do tech support over the phone would cost 60$, which I can't afford at this moment. Any ideas??