Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy and Paste Attributes does not seem to be working with FCPX 10.0.8 update

any suggestions out there....I can copy and paste all attributes but FCP will not bring up the "Attributes" menu to allow me to select various filters to copy

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 9:17 AM

19 replies

Aug 5, 2013 7:25 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom,

Screen shots really WON'T help here as when you invoke the COPY>PASTE ATTRIBUTES command, via keyboard OR menu, doesn't bring up the Paste Attributes window.

I'm on an iMac 27" with 12GB of RAM, running Lion (10.7.5).

I CAN give you a typical example of what happens though…I tweak audio settings on a specific clip (e.g. volume, pan, set noise reduction, etc.) . THEN I select the clip I've tweaked, and choose COPY, then select a subsequent clip to which I want to apply the SAME audio settings and choose PASTE ATTRIBUTES.

SOMETIMES the window comes up, SOMETIMES it doesn't. SOMETIMES it will come up 2-3 times and then suddenly it WON'T come up anymore. VERY frustrating.

I CAN use PASTE EFFECTS, which accomplishes the same thing, BUT obviously if I've applied a VIDEO effect to Clip 1 that I DON'T want applied to Clip2 - this method won't work, and stuck tweedledumming and tweedledeeing with audio settings again.

This bug REALLY wrecks the fluid, creative workflow inherent in FCPX! Apple - PLEASE FIX!

Copy and Paste Attributes does not seem to be working with FCPX 10.0.8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.