Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 6.0.3 Bookmarks View Window

The menu command: "Show all bookmarks" suddenly changed to produce a large black area at the top of the view - containing a search graphic at its upper right. I tried all View menu commands to get back to the view I was used to - without the black area - but nothing works. Any way I can do that? Please advise.

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 7:45 PM

Click the three faint gray lines at the center of the bottom edge of the black area and drag upward.

5 replies

Apr 18, 2013 8:56 PM in response to Leonovich

Please post a screenshot that shows what you mean.

To take a screenshot, follow the instructions linked below. Be careful not to include any private information.

Shortcuts for taking pictures of the screen

Start a reply to this message. Click the camera icon in the toolbar of the editing window and select the image file to upload it. You can also include text in the reply.

Apr 19, 2013 8:59 AM in response to dominic23

Many thanks dominic23 - your suggestion solved my issue.

COMMENTS: I had wondered why the cursor kept changing to a hand icon - no matter how computer literate one thinks that one is - there's always something new to learn !!

ALSO - the black area did not completely recede -- about two lines of it remained. However - that sufficiently diminished my frustration & annoyance with such a trivial issue.

Safari 6.0.3 Bookmarks View Window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.