Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem downloading Nikon D3200 files into Final Cut Studio

I am using the older FCP 6.0.6 with a new Nikon D3200 DSLR that shoots "MOV" files. I can't seem to find "settings" that enable "copying," "importing" "log and caputure," whatever process. FCP crashes every time I try to get the files. FYI: I am shooting in 1920x1080 at 24p and mostly trying the Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) setting, but have tried DVCPRO also. Anybody got suggestions about what I need to do?

Many thanks, Gary.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 10:57 AM

You need to convert the native format that camera shoots BEFORE you import. There is no plugin that allows FCP to deal with that tapeless format, like it does with Canon DSLRs via Log and Transfer. You'll need to use Compressor or MPEG STREAMCLIP to convert the files to ProRes 422, then import those files into FCP.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2013 10:57 AM in response to ctowngary

You need to convert the native format that camera shoots BEFORE you import. There is no plugin that allows FCP to deal with that tapeless format, like it does with Canon DSLRs via Log and Transfer. You'll need to use Compressor or MPEG STREAMCLIP to convert the files to ProRes 422, then import those files into FCP.

Problem downloading Nikon D3200 files into Final Cut Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.