Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i update my icloud email address and password

How do i update my icloud email address and password on my ipad and iphone?

iPad

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 12:39 PM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2013 12:49 PM in response to kat3250

Go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with your changed credentials. This will delete the account and your iCloud data from your iPad but not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same iCloud account, your data will be synced back to your iPad when you sign back in.

Save your photo stream photos to your camera roll before deleting the account by opening your photo stream album, tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, tap Save to Camera Roll.

Mar 8, 2014 11:36 AM in response to Callaril

App updates have nothing to do with your iCloud ID; they use the ID in Settings>iTunes & App Store. If you revised your ID to a new email address make sure you go to Settings>iTunes & App Store, tap the old ID, sign out, then sign back in with the new ID.

However, if this is an entirely new ID, and not a revised ID, you will continue to be prompted for the other ID when you update these apps. The reason for this is that apps are permanently tied to the ID used to purchase them and cannot be transferred to a different ID. You will always be prompted for the password for this ID when updating these apps. The only way to stop this would be to delete them from your device, then repurchase them using your new ID.

how do i update my icloud email address and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.