Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover a playlist from my iPod back to my computer?

I recently moved all my music files on my computer from one folder (my personal music folder) to another folder (the public music folder). When I did, all my playlists were deleted. I have not synced my iPod since then. Since I am a dance teacher, I have literally hundreds of playlists with thousands of songs. Recreating the playlists from scratch would be virtually impossible.

Since the playlists are still on my iPod, is there a way to copy the playlists from my iPod back to the computer?

And no, I don't have any backups (which I wouldn't think would be any use anyway since all the music has been moved.)

iPod nano (5th generation), Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 1:40 PM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2013 1:53 PM in response to SisterClay

I could help you repair the broken links if you did have an older library. I've come across similar problems before and a while back I wrote a script that can reconnect stats from an iPod to the correct media in an iTunes library even though the library had been "rebuilt". I can probably write a script to do the same with playlists if I can find time to work on it. Alternatively it may be possible to recover the playlists using one of the third party tools listed at the bottom of Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device, although that may involve importing the tracks from the device and thus doubling up on your content. If so my DeDuper script may come in handy.

tt2

Can I recover a playlist from my iPod back to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.