Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: INSTALL App Twice

Why am i having to INSTALL every single App Twice ?!

These are only Apple Mac App Store .app App's . ie , iPhoto , GarageBand , etc , etc , etc .

No identified developers .app 's .

And No Anywhere .app 's .

Only Apple Mac App Store .app App 's .

To add , the bandwidth on the INSTALLING goes from 16 minutes to 15 minues to 36 minutes to 14 minutes to 59 minutes to 13 minutes to 48 minutes to 12 minutes , etc , etc , etc !!

--OSX128bit

It is across the board a disaster .

One time i download a .app App and it took 2 hours to download . ( Nope it's not my internet speed . I have fast internet speed . )

Computer logged out and/or i shutdown .

Upon logging back in and/or powering on again , i go to :

Apple logo > App Store... > Purchases > .app > A error has occurred ( in Red Colour ) .

Have you ever ?!

Upon trying to delete it , i put it in the Trash , i open up Trash , i click on Erase Securely , and the Trash goes from , Preparing to delete 5,000 + files , to now saying 110,000 + files .

i stop it . Obviously it's wrong . i attempt again . Same thing . Sometimes 30,000 + files . Sometimes 60,000 + files . Any which way , it's not even consistent on populating the correct number of files .

Wow.

i'm downloading them , they stall . Windmill with colours .

i'm downloading them , and i'm installing them . Go to the Applications folder > still shows it's downloading , but the downloading is grayed out , ie an inactive download ,

versus it showing the typical blue progress bar with the downloading in progress . If you click on it , nothing happens .

If i go back to the Apple Mac App Store Purchases , it's a 50 / 50 .

50 % of the time , it says INSTALLED .

50 % of the time , it says INSTALL .

You tell me !!

Wow.

And if i'm downloading them , and i'm installing them , and i'm attempting to launch the product . DOA . No go . Nothing happens . Again .

Changings of download speeds has occurred before . Nothing like this . This is new territory we're entering .

Timeframe of say August 2012 , this would definitely not be a troubleshooting issue . To put into perspective . Something is happening .

App Store Support Level 2 Engineering wait is approximately 3 to 4 days . This issue needed to be addressed 1 second ago . Or not ever .

You can put case number after case number , but :

For the protection of our customers, Apple does not disclose, discuss or confirm security issues until a full investigation has occurred and any necessary patches or releases are available

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

i really appreciate the response .

i am aware of ML 10.8.3 Update Combo , Safari 6.0.4 , Java for OS X 2013-003 and Java for Mac OS X v10.6 Update 15 , iPhoto Update , etc , etc , etc

Any ideas ?!

--OSX128bit

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 1:59 PM

There are no replies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.