Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical keeps reverting all appointments to UTC time

I am in Japan.

Have my calendar set to Japan Standard time.

Also in system prefs, set for Japan.

All of a sudden, starting a few days ago...

I make an appointment, the entry box for details of the appt. shows Japan Standard time, but then when I save the appointment it reverts to UTC!!

I am running 10.8.3

Any suggestions?

Charlie

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 5:38 PM

44 replies

Apr 19, 2013 7:42 AM in response to Seishindo

Have youy tried truning on then off Time Zone support?

In iCal v4.0.4 under OSX.6.8 that can be found under iCal > Preferences > Advanced

You could also try quitting iCal, moving your plist file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist to the Desktop and then reopening iCal. This will force iCal to create a brand new clean com.apple.iCal.plist file.

If the problem has gone away then it lay within a your probably corrupted plist file so you can move the file from the Desktop to Trash - but you will have to recreate your other iCal user preferences via iCal's Preference panel.

If, however, the problem remians then it isn't your plist that is at fault so you can return the com.apple.iCal.plist file back from the Desktop into ~/Libray/Preferences and overwriting the new version which will be there.

Other than that, I'm stumped!

ical keeps reverting all appointments to UTC time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.