Previous 1 2 3 Next 41 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2015 4:51 PM by rajshree san francisco
Seishindo Level 1 (0 points)

I am in Japan.

Have my calendar set to Japan Standard time.

Also in system prefs, set for Japan.

All of a sudden, starting a few days ago...

I make an appointment, the entry box for details of the appt. shows Japan Standard time, but then when I save the appointment it reverts to UTC!!

I am running 10.8.3

Any suggestions?

Charlie

• iBozz Level 1 (90 points)

Have youy tried truning on then off Time Zone support?

In iCal v4.0.4 under OSX.6.8 that can be found under iCal > Preferences > Advanced

You could also try quitting iCal, moving your plist file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist to the Desktop and then reopening iCal.  This will force iCal to create a brand new clean com.apple.iCal.plist file.

If the problem has gone away then it lay within a your probably corrupted plist file so you can move the file from the Desktop to Trash - but you will have to recreate your other iCal user preferences via iCal's Preference panel.

If, however, the problem remians then it isn't your plist that is at fault so you can return the com.apple.iCal.plist file back from the Desktop into ~/Libray/Preferences and overwriting the new version which will be there.

Other than that, I'm stumped!

• jeepo67 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having this same issue.

United States, Central Time Zone.

Any event I create or modify for my google calendar reverts to UTC. Events created or modified for my local calendar works correctly.

Just started a few days ago. Previously the same actions worked as expected.

I am running 10.8.3 also.

• anelementof1 Level 1 (0 points)

Also having the same issue. Very frustrating.

• krohnie Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem.  United States, Eastern time.  Also running 10.8.3.  So annoying!

• PeeDee768947385 Level 1 (10 points)

Also having this problem now. New Zealand time zone. Keeps changing events to UTC. When I correct them it changes them back to UTC again! Bloody annoying.

• dulcimer dude Level 1 (0 points)

Just started having this issue too. Eastern Time USA. Does anyone have any solutions yet? I'm nervous about trying what was posted above. I don't want to loose anything. Did anyone try what iBozz suggested?

• jeepo67 Level 1 (0 points)

I tried what iBozz suggested and had no success and I still don't have a solution.

• cthibos Level 1 (0 points)

I'm having the same issue too, United Kingdom Time, OS X10.8.3.

Turning off time zone support would probably fix the problem, however there's a reason I have it on. I'm always switching time zones for work...

Anybody have any other ideas?

• geoff191 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm having the same problem. In particular, the timezone changes when other people are invited to an event and they accept the invitation. This make iCal nearly unusable.

• Richiesnitch Level 1 (0 points)

Im having the same problem in Melbourne. Bloody annoying. Some iCal events are in AUST EST TIME and some are in UTC. When will Apple fix this?

• fandiose Level 1 (0 points)

Me too.  Mine keeps switching back to GMT+0 even though I put it as GMT+8.

• storme Level 1 (0 points)

This has just suddenly started happening to me as well. Missed an important conference call last week.

I too can't turn Time Zone Support off... I change time zones a lot for work.

Apple... Why is no one answering this issue? There are a lot of threads about it!

• Thomas B. Robison Level 1 (20 points)

Same problem, here!  Just thought I'd add a reply to the growing list of other's experiencing the same problem.

• kaz78 Level 1 (0 points)

I am seeing the same problem.

Using Google Apps Calendar on my Mountain Lion iCal.

Previous 1 2 3 Next