Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s after update battery won't charge, even not after being restored in recovery mode

It's the second time my iphone 4S suddenly turned off, displaying the empty battery. When I put it into my computer or charger it gives the sign it is charging, but it won't charge. I can get the phone in itunes in recovery mode and start restore, but at the point where the phone has to restart, it won't because it first has to charge... so I end up back where I started. The first time this happened, it suddenly started working again (the night before I wanted to return it to the store, only 6 months old!), but after the release of a new update earlier this week the same happened, and it seems as if it won't get fixed this time. Any suggestions what to do next? The first time this happened was the same day the support service fixed an iCloud problem, but when I got back to them telling about this problem, they mentioned it couldn't be software related. But when the phone started working again, it did perfectly until recently the new update arrived. And it's an official version, no jailbreaking.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 3:50 PM

1 reply

Iphone 4s after update battery won't charge, even not after being restored in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.