Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't locate the right iPhoto Library

I have a friend who can't find the right iPhoto Library. Mac OS X 10.7 or 8... latest iPhoto. Searching in Finder for "iPhoto Library" produces no results, even though we see an iPhoto Library item in her Pictures folder (not the right one).

So this leads me to believe that for some reason Finder won't display that....not sure why it would do that...but anyway. She's a professional photographer, and doesn't know the name of most of the photos, because they are photos name by the camera. She tried to find some with just the .jpg extension but everything was email or web based results that we found. Thousands upon thousands. This has happened before, and it was fixed, but we can't remember how.

Any help on how to locate the right version would be great. Also, her Time Machine only seems to have the same one as in Pictures. I think the iPhoto Library she uses is located somewhre else on the drive.

I also tried Locate and Find in the terminal, but neither brought up anything.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 4:02 PM

1 reply

Can't locate the right iPhoto Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.