Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will apple add more sounds/loops/instruments for ios garageband?

Hello everyone. So I absolutely love Garageband. The interface is really fun and easy to use. But I quickly exhausted the small library of Apple loops it comes with, and I would really love more instrument types (especially more drums and bass). I know I can add loops that I buy, but it is a real pain to add them via itunes. As for built in instruments, there is no way to add more of those. I know I can buy the pro version for mac, which has tons of sounds, but I want to be able to use the ipad interface. I would gladly pay for this as an upgrade.

Does anyone know if apple will release more "jam packs" like they did previously (hopefully they would contain more instrument types as well as more loops)?

If so, any timeline?

thank you!

R

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 8:59 AM

"As for built in instruments, there is no way to add more of those."

That's true... but do you have AudioBus? I'm using Thumbjam (which has some great sounding instruments) into Garageband. Using the Garageband built in sounds along with Thumbjam, Animoog, Magellan, etc., really gives it a whole new feel.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2013 8:59 AM in response to rockerston

"As for built in instruments, there is no way to add more of those."

That's true... but do you have AudioBus? I'm using Thumbjam (which has some great sounding instruments) into Garageband. Using the Garageband built in sounds along with Thumbjam, Animoog, Magellan, etc., really gives it a whole new feel.

Apr 19, 2013 11:11 AM in response to rockerston

So I got audiobus + magellen (very cool) and thumbjam (also fun). I have already been able to use them with garageband. It was surprisingly easy. The one thing I am wondering about is how to synch up a drum machine input. I got the DM1, which has a nice interface. I was able to hook it up and record, but I didn't see an easy way to get the track synched. I ended up recording more measures than I needed, then trimmed / moved it into place. Is there another way to do this?

And thanks again for the suggestion - a whole new world of possibilities!

Apr 19, 2013 11:35 AM in response to rockerston

Yeah, that can be a problem. I've just made sure the tempo is the same in each app and then zoomed in all the way in GarageBand (to turn snapping off), then trimming and aligning. Takes a little time but works pretty well.

I've actually been able to sync short sections of drum tracks (using DrumJam mainly) by listening to the count-in on Garageband and then hitting play right on the next down-beat in the Drumjam app. Every once in a while, I get lucky and it is lined up! 😁

Apr 19, 2013 6:53 PM in response to cerene

Cerene,

I have been working with this on and off today and I am very pleased with how well it works. There is a bit of back and forth as you go between apps, but nothing too cumbersome. And after getting Thumbjam, Animoog, and Magellan, there are a rediculous number of sounds to play with. Thanks again for the suggestion!

PS. If Apple is reading this: I would still buy addional sound packs with more loops and instruments!

-R

Will apple add more sounds/loops/instruments for ios garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.