Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to NIK software

I have transferred my files from an old to a new iMac. On my old iMac I could right click on an image to give me a pop-up with a choice of options, one of those being silver efex pro. Ihave PS listed in my external editor but there must be some facility for getting "plug-in's" connected. Ideally in the pop-up box, but happy to get advice on any method. Thabnks, jp

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 1:08 AM

When you migrated to your new Mac, you are probably now using MacOS X 10.8.3. and Aperture 3.4. Was was your old operating system and Aperture version?

Some plug-ins are no longer compatible, see:

Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible

Make sure you have the latest version of Silver-Efex pro, and then run the installer to install it again. If properly installed, the plug-ins should be in your System Library

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit

or

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export

If installed in either of these folders, Aperture should see the plug-in as an export- or edit plug-in.

Regards

Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2013 1:08 AM in response to jay pegg

When you migrated to your new Mac, you are probably now using MacOS X 10.8.3. and Aperture 3.4. Was was your old operating system and Aperture version?

Some plug-ins are no longer compatible, see:

Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible

Make sure you have the latest version of Silver-Efex pro, and then run the installer to install it again. If properly installed, the plug-ins should be in your System Library

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit

or

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export

If installed in either of these folders, Aperture should see the plug-in as an export- or edit plug-in.

Regards

Léonie

Apr 19, 2013 3:23 PM in response to jay pegg

JP -- as a registered owner of NIK's plug-in(s), you should have received an email from Google (they purchased NIK) with an upgrade link. If you haven't, you should, just to be in line for whatever news and/or upgrades Google releases. (They recently said that they would continue to develop the NIK Suite.)

The main thing the Google upgrade does is make your currently registered NIK apps into currently registered Google apps. I think it also confirms (and may correct) the installation.

If you intend to continue to use your NIK app(s), I recommend upgrading them to the Google versions.

--Kirby.

Connecting to NIK software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.