Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Aperture language

Suddenly without me wanting it, Aperture uses French instead of English. This goes only for Aperture, not i.e. Word. I have not changed system settings and cannot see a reason for this happening. Have reinstalled Aperture, but it still uses French. Everything is updated. How to change back before I go nuts?!?

BR/Mikael

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 5:00 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2013 10:58 AM in response to Gryningsmannen

Suddenly without me wanting it, Aperture uses French instead of English.

Aperture always uses the System language. I'd try to quit Aperture, open the "System Preferences > Language and Text" pane and try to switch between languages, then force quit the Finder and restart Aperture. Does that clear the language?

If not, do you see the same problem, when you log in from a different user account? Is Aperture still in french, or is the problem tied to your regular user account?

Regards

Léonie

Mar 13, 2014 4:45 AM in response to Gryningsmannen

Lucky you. Mine changed to Chinese. And I don't speak Chinese. It happened after I added Chinese character input in the Keyboard settings. Just to type one word in Chinese. But at the time 'Dutch' was selected as keyboard input.

When I deleted the Chinese input-modes it went back to English. But it should be unrelated. So I added English as secundary language in the language menu (cause my primary language is Dutch). That did solve it. After that I could use chinese input modes again.

Appearantly Aperture defaults to English if it doesn't find any supported language, but if it does, even in the wrong places it switches to that. So the solution is:

Add English as secundary system language (I guess yours is Swedish). But in fact it's a bug, and Apple should at least ask your permission before it changes the language of an entire program into something you can't read.

Change Aperture language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.